Your Next Four Years
The School of St. Mary was the start of your educational journey. Now it's time to plan the next four years.
PSAT 8/9 to be held on October 23 and 30th, register onlin
January 20 - Class of 2026 'Scout Experience' at LFHS, 6-8:30 p.m. DATE CHANGE
- February 16: Class of 2026 Scout Experience, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at LFHS. Learn about academics, athletics, clubs, and activities. All incoming freshmen and their parents should attend. All safety protocols including proper mask-wearing and social distancing will be strictly enforced. Questions? Cindy Rogna email@example.com
Mid-February - Individual appointments with LFHS counselors. Parents will be contacted directly by LFHS
Mid-January to late February - Students with IEPs will have a transition meeting with personnel from LFHS and SOSM. Parents will be contacted directly by LFHS
- Giant Welcome Video - explains the registration process
- Registration: Is open, complete the Online Registration Form
- February 23: Call Brenda Maravilla (Counseling Department Assistant) at 224.765.2040 to schedule a 15-minute virtual registration appointment with one of our HPHS Counselors. The virtual appointments ( Google meets) will take place on 2/3/22 between 8:30 am-2:30 pm.
- Contact: Jennifer Ginopolis (224) 765-2050
Continuing your Catholic Education
We encourage all our students to continue their education at a local Catholic High School. Studies show that 85.2% of Catholic high school graduates will attend a 4-year college, compared to only 44% of public school students. Catholic High Schools also have a graduation rate of 99%.
Local Catholic High School Admissions Information:
Please reach out to the individual schools for more information on their upcoming events for 8th-grade students.
- St. Mary School Shadow Day - September 29, 9:00 a.m. - 3:05 p.m.
Register on the Carmel Catholic website. Note: other shadow days are available, but this day has been selected for SOSM students to attend together.
- Entrance Exam for students who have not taken the High School Placement Test (HSPT), December 4, 2021, at 8:00 a.m.
- Contact: Ashley Kapfer, Assistant Director of Admissions
- St. Mary School Shadow Day October 5, 7:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Register on the Loyola Academy website. Note: other shadow days are available, but this day has been selected for SOSM students to attend together.
- Contact: Nick Bridich, Assistant Director of Admissions
- Shadow Days: November 2, 4, 5, 10, 12, & 16, December 1 & 3 see the flyer for information and registration.
- Contact Elizabeth Michalek, Recruiter
- Open House: November 7, 1-3:30 p.m. and December 7, 6:30-8:00 p.m., registration required. See the flyer for more information.
- Shadow Days - November 4, 10, 18 December 1 February 15, 24 April 8, 13, 26
Scholarships & Financial Aid Information
Fran de la Chapelle, RSCJ STEM Scholarship Deadline December 4, 2021
This scholarship, sponsored by the Callahan-Erdoes Family, is awarded to a select group of incoming Woodlands Academy students who have a record of outstanding academic achievement, have obtained high scores in Math and Quantitative Reasoning on the entrance exam, and have demonstrated an interest in extracurricular STEM pursuits. It is an annual renewable $10,000 scholarship so long as the recipient remains in good standing at Woodlands. Flyer
Barbara Wood-Prince '54 Scholarship Deadline December 4, 2021
The Barbara Wood-Prince Scholarship is awarded to graduates of the School of St. Mary who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and a commitment to serve their parish, school, and community. It is an annual renewable $15,000 scholarship so long as the recipient remains in good standing at Woodlands. Flyer
Daniel Murphy Scholarship Fund Deadline October 1, 2021
The Daniel Murphy Scholarship Fund (DMSF) provides high school scholarship assistance and educational support to Chicago students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
Holy Family Scholars Deadline November 15, 2021
The Holy Family Scholars scholarship helps underserved Chicago high school students flourish in and out of the classroom by providing educational enrichment through their lifelong mentoring, college readiness, and academic excellence programs, as well as providing financial assistance to attend top Chicago-area schools.
LINK Unlimited Scholars Deadline December 1, 2021
Over its 50-year history, LINK Unlimited Scholars has changed the lives of Black students and families through their proven model. LINK Scholars complete a four-year fellowship that is advanced through one-on-one mentoring. Their program includes Academic Enrichment, Leadership Development, Career Exposure, and College Access.
HighSight Scholarship Deadline March 1, 2022
HighSight awards partial, four-year scholarships for eighth-graders to attend private high schools in Chicago.