Your Next Four Years
The School of St. Mary was the start of your educational journey. Now it's time to plan the next four years.
PSAT 8/9 to be held on October 14
(East Campus) and October 28
(West Campus). Registration is now closed. There will be no makeup
exams this year. If you need to register or have questions about your registration, please contact Frank Lesniak, Assistant Principal of Student Operations, at (847) 582-7736 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 25th, Private School Visit Day: Lake Forest High School will hold a visit day for students in private middle schools on Wednesday, October 25th, from 8:30 to 10:00 a.m. The morning will include presentations centered around academic expectations, student life, athletics, clubs, and activities and will conclude with student-led tours. Please see the flyer for more information.
- January 18, 2024 6:30-8:00 p.m. - Scout Experience
- Registration: TBA
- Mid-February - Individual appointments with LFHS counselors. Parents will be contacted directly by LFHS.
- Mid-January to late February - Students with IEPs will have a transition meeting with personnel from LFHS and SOSM. Parents will be contacted directly by LFHS.
Entrance Exam: PSAT 8/9 to be held in October 2023 at the public middle schools. SOSM students should contact Mrs. Jackie Roleck for more information on their placement options.
Continuing your Catholic Education
We encourage all our students to continue their education at a local Catholic High School. Studies show that 85.2% of Catholic high school graduates will attend a 4-year college, compared to only 44% of public school students. Catholic High Schools also have a graduation rate of 99%.
Local Catholic High School Admissions Information:
Please reach out to the individual schools for more information on their upcoming events for 8th-grade students.
- SOSM Shadow Day Wednesday, October 18th, from 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Registration is required at http://carmelhs.org/inquire
You must still call your student in for it to be an excused absence.
- “Big Bash” Football Game, Friday, September 29 All 7th & 8th grade students are invited to join Carmel for a home football game as the Carmel Corsairs take on the St. Viator Lions during Carmel Catholic's Homecoming Game! Students should arrive at 6:30 p.m. and will receive free admission, pizza, and access to the game truck. Learn more on the website.
- Open House, Sunday, November 5th During the open house, you will take a student-led tour of the campus and learn more about the innovative programming that guides and supports individual pursuits challenging students to embrace all they can become. The open house runs from 12:00-3:00 p.m. Families are encouraged to register in advance via the Admissions portal.
- Entrance Exam - December 2nd, 8 a.m. - Noon Results will be used for admission to Carmel; initial course placements in math, science, and English; and merit scholarship consideration. The fee is $25. Registration will open in November.
- Contact: Ashley Kapfer, Assistant Director of Admissions
- Fall Open House, Sunday, October 22, 2023, at 1:00 p.m. Visitors will meet members of the faculty and admissions team, hear from a student panel, and experience the facilities on a student-led tour. Registration is required.
- Information Sessions, October 6, November 8, and December 1. Information sessions provide families with a brief overview of LFA. Families will hear from admission counselors, go on a student-led tour, and attend a school-wide Morning Meeting. Registration is required through the admissions portal.
- Shadow Days are reserved for applicants. Once your application is completed, you can schedule a shadow day in our admissions portal.
- Testing: Freshmen are required to submit SSAT, ISEE, or PSAT scores.
- Application Deadline: January 15, 2024
- Contact Admissions Office
- SOSM Shadow Day Wednesday, October 4th, from 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. All students who are interested in Loyola Academy and attending on-campus events, including shadow days, must first complete our Inquiry Form. Our office will process that Inquiry Form within 24 hours on business days, allowing each family to acquire a Loyola Academy account. There will be a checklist in each account allowing families to then register for shadow days and Open House, in addition to the 15+ on-campus admissions events we will host annually. You must still call your student in for it to be an excused absence.
- Fall Admission Events:
- September 29th, Jr. High Fine Arts Night
- October 5th, Jr. High VIP Volleyball Night
- October 6th, Jr. High Boys' Sports Night
- October 13th, Jr. High STEAM Night
- October 27th, Jr. High Girls' Sports Night
- November 10th, Jr. High E-Sports Night, Super Smash Brothers
- November 10th, Jr. High TikTok Hop
- November 17th, A Taste of Loyola Clubs
- December 1st, Jr. High Ramblerettes (Dance team) Event
- December 1st, Jr. High VIP Girls' Basketball Night
- December 22nd, Jr. High VIP Boys' Basketball Night
- December 22nd, Jr. High Cheerleading Night
- Open House: Thursday, November 2nd, 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. The evening will include guided personal tours of the campus and the opportunity to meet Loyola Academy administrators, faculty, staff, students, coaches, and club moderators. Tours will be offered continuously throughout the evening, and tours will last approximately one hour. Prospective students will have the opportunity to learn more about Loyola's academic, ministry, cocurricular and athletic programs.
- Entrance Exam - December 2nd Students must take the exam at Loyola to be considered for admission to Loyola Academy.
- Contact: Nick Bridich, Assistant Director of Admissions
- SOSM Shadow Day October 16, 2023 8th grade girls who are interested in Reginia can register for a Regina Shadow Day. Students will be paired with a student Ambassadoer with similar interests, both academic and extracurricular, and have the opportunity to experience what it means to be a Panther. See the Flyer and register online.
- Open House, October 19, 2023 or October 22, 2023. Tour Regina Dominican and meet current students, faculty, staff, parents, board members, and alumnae, and learn about all of the wonderful opportunities that await you. Registration is required.
- 6th-9th Grade Girls Night In - September 29, 2023, 6:00 - 7:30 p.m.: Future Panthers are invited to join Regina for a night of wellness, meditation, and creativity. Register online.
- Future Panthers Volleyball Clinic - October 14, 2023, 10:00 - 11:30 a.m.: Grades 6-8th are invited to a volleyball clinic. Register online.
- Future Panthers Basketball Clinic, November 19, 2023 Grades 5-8 are invited to join the Regina Dominican Basketball team from 3-5:00 p.m. for a clinic. Registration is required.
- Entrance Exam - December 2nd
- Contact Elizabeth Michalek, Recruiter
- Student Visit Days: October 4, 12, 17, and 24, November 2, 8, 14, and 30 - 8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Student Visit days are recommended for prospective 8th grade students to live the data in the life of a Woodlands Academy student. Prospective students will have an opportunity to participate in two classes of their choice, join students on Woodlands' campus tour, and have lunch with the current student body. Registration is required.
- Open House, November 12, Noon - 2:00 p.m. Families are invited to understand the Woodlands Academy philosophy to teach to the whole child and to engage in numerous panels with students, facility, alumnae, and current parents. Registration is required.
- Entrance Exam: Saturday, December 2nd. Registration will open in November.
- Contact: Gregory Lobe, Director of Admissions (847) 234-4300 x1033