School of St. Mary Transportation
Shuttle Bus Service
Bus service from and to Lake Bluff and from the UGC to the PGC and back is provided daily.
Bus service will begin on Monday, August 30, 2021.
8:15 Pick-up at the Grace United Methodist Church’s parking lot located on East Scranton Avenue in Lake Bluff
8:30 Drop-off Upper Grade Center students & pick-up additional PGC students (east end of the Oakwood lot)
8:50 Drop-off students at the Primary Grade Center
3:15 Pick-up students at Primary Grade Center
3:40 Drop-off Lake Forest riders & pick-up Lake Bluff riders at the Upper Grade Center
3:50 Drop-off Lake Bluff riders at the Grace United Methodist Church parking lot on East Scranton Avenue in Lake Bluff
Please fill out this form
if you are interested in this service for the School Year 2021-2022. The estimated cost per student is $825.00. (The cost may vary slightly based on ridership and fuel surcharges.) Please do not send payment with this registration form. You will receive a bus charge on your school invoice, sent through the Parish and School Business Office.
Students are expected to be positive representatives of the School of St. Mary and to demonstrate good behavior on the bus. Some expectations for students include:
- Sit facing forward while the bus is in motion;
- Do not walk, stand, or move around while the bus is in motion;
- Refrain from using electronic devices;
- Carry all books and small instruments on their laps or in a backpack;
- Place nothing in the aisle;
- Address the driver respectfully at all times;
- Keep voices at a conversational level;
- Avoid loud, vulgar, or abusive language;
- Avoid all bullying activity;
- Wait for the bus to come to a complete stop before loading and unloading;
- Be at the bus stop five minutes ahead of the scheduled time;
- Always cross at least ten feet in front of the bus when crossing to the opposite side of the street;
- Bus passes may be revoked for inappropriate behavior (see also School of St. Mary Code of Conduct).
Please contact Mary Kane at (847) 283-9800
Students may ride bicycles to school at the Upper-Grade Center. Children are discouraged from riding their bikes to school at the Primary Grade Center. Each child is urged to lock their bicycle in the racks provided. The School of St. Mary accepts no responsibility if the bike is taken from the school premises. For safety reasons, bicycles and skateboards are not to be ridden on the school grounds.