ARCHDIOCESAN VOLUNTEER COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at St. Mary’s! The Archdiocese of Chicago requires all volunteers to complete the following items before they begin their service with children. The links for the online forms/processes are below, with specific instructions for each compliance item.
If you are a new volunteer, please print the form, fill it out and return to the school.
If you have never taken the training or created an account, here are some instructions:
Log in. Click “Begin the registration process.” Select “Chicago IL (Archdiocese).” Follow the prompts to create a password and provide contact information. For your primary location, select “School of St. Mary – Lake Forest."
Due to the Covid-19 situation, the training will be done online.
- This training session is attended once. However, volunteers are expected to keep their account current by reading the monthly bulletins sent via email. There is online recertification of the PGC training, called "Keeping the Promise Alive," every 3 years.
- As part of the registration, you will fill out a CANTS form, an Archdiocese Standards of Behavior form, complete the Criminal Background Check through S2Verify and provide two references. Please print and return the CANTS form to the school. The background check needs to be completed on a desktop computer in one sitting; otherwise, it will not process.
Print the form, fill it out legibly, and return it to the school. Use the name on your state ID. Do not mail the form to Springfield. Return the form to the school, and we will submit it for you. Volunteers must complete this form annually.
This form replaces the Code of Conduct form. It is signed annually. You will receive a prompt in your Virtus account when it is due.
A criminal background re-check is required every 3 years. If you are due for a re-check, you will see the prompt when you log into your Virtus account. The background check needs to be completed on a desktop computer in one sitting; otherwise, it will not process.
Register as a new user and follow the directions.
Once you have completed the training, you will see an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status form. Print it out. Continue until you see a certificate with an emblem in the middle. This is your Mandated Reporter Training certificate. Print it and bring both forms to the school office.
Volunteers must renew Mandated Reporter Training every 3 years.
If you have questions, please contact Beth Rinaolo at email@example.com.
Additional COVID Requirements for the 2021-2022 School Year
To enter the campus, you will need to follow all current school COVID guidelines:
- Volunteers must wear masks in the building, regardless of their vaccination status.
- Do not come to the School of St. Mary if you feel ill, have a fever, or are experiencing any COVID symptoms.
- Complete an online health screening (link) before arrival at the School of St. Mary
At this time, volunteers have no vaccination requirements. There is no need to send us any documentation.