ARCHDIOCESAN VOLUNTEER COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at St. Mary’s! The Archdiocese of Chicago requires all volunteers to complete the following items before they begin their service with children. The links for the online forms/processes are below, with specific instructions for each compliance item.
If you have never taken the training, or created an account, here are some instructions:
Log in. Click “Begin the registration process”. Select “Chicago IL (Archdiocese)”. Follow the prompts to create a password and provide contact information. For your primary location, select “School of St. Mary – Lake Forest"
Due to the Covid-19 situation, the training will be done online.
- You will be given a certificate when you complete the training. Please return it to the school.
- This training session is attended once. However, volunteers are expected to keep their account current by reading the monthly bulletins, which are sent via email. There is an online recertification of the Virtus training, called "Keeping the Promise Alive, every 3 years.
- As part of the registration, you will fill out a CANTS form, a Code of Conduct form, and complete the Criminal Background Check through S2Verify. Please print and return the CANTS and Code of Conduct form to the school. The background check needs to be completed on a desktop computer in one sitting, otherwise it will not process.
Print the form, fill it out legibly and return to the school. Use the name on your state ID. Do not mail the form to Springfield. Return the form to the school, and we will submit it for you. This form must be completed annually.
This form is signed annually. You will receive a prompt in your Virtus account when it is due.
A criminal background re-check is required every 3 years. If you are due for a re-check, you will see the prompt when you log into your Virtus account. The background check needs to be completed on a desktop computer in one sitting, otherwise it will not process.
In addition, volunteers who are Coaches, Catechists, Youth Ministers or Scout Leaders must complete:
- Register as a new user and follow the directions.
- Once you have completed the training you will see an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status form. Print it out. Continue until you see a certificate with an emblem in the middle. This is your Mandated Reporter Training certificate. Print it and bring both forms to the school office.
If you have questions, please contact Beth Rinaolo at email@example.com