Should I keep my child home?
- The health of the school is a community effort. If your child has 2 or more of the following symptoms, please keep them home:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Students must be fever-free for 24 hours before returning to school. Students with nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea must be symptom-free for 24 hours before returning to school.
If you have questions about whether or not your student should be in school, please contact Cindy Pacewicz at (847) 295-4856
Report an Absence
In the event of an emergency requiring the school to close, School Administration will notify school parents via the following communication:
- An e-mail message will be sent through School Messenger (the system we send the Crusader Chronicle through)
- A text message will be sent.
- A notice will be placed on the school website and on the school's Facebook Page.
- In addition, you may check the Emergency Closings Link to see all reported school closings.
Note the school considers many factors before choosing to close due to weather and will generally align with Lake Forest & Lake Bluff public school's decision.