The Annual Fund covers our school's operating expenses and teacher retention. The amount raised makes the difference between a very good school and a great school for our kids. Our goal is twofold: 100% parent participation and $500,000, which breaks down to approximately $1,000 per child enrolled at the school. Prospective teachers, administrators and families will look at participation levels as a way of measuring the strength of our school community.
Some families may be able to give more, some families less. We appreciate your thoughtful consideration whatever your donation may be to support our school. Your gift WILL make a difference!
Here's how to participate:
- Make a pledge and fulfill your gift anytime before June 30, 2018
- Enclose a check or include credit card information on a pledge card and return it to either the PGC or UGC with "Annual Fund" written on the outside envelope. Pledge cards were mailed home and are also available at the UGC and PGC front desks.
- Click on the "Give Now" button below to donate or specify your pledge online.
Every penny that is donated to the Annual Fund STAYS at the school and goes directly to enhance our children's education. In addition, any funds raised above the $330,000 the Parents' Association has traditionally given to the school for general opperating supprt ($210,000), teacher stipends ($80,000) and tuition assistance ($40,000), will be used by and for the school at the principal's direction with consultation of the School Advisory Council and Parents' Association based on the current needs of the school.
Below are just a few examples of how donations go to work right away for our children:
• Curriculum and resource enhancements in technology, science and mathematics
• Teacher salaries, benefits and stipends
• Technology improvements at both campuses
• Library circulation improvements and purchase of new materials
• Mobile Therapy services that deliver on-site speech/language therapy, physical and occupational therapy services
• Field trips (Botanic Gardens, Cernan Space Center, City of Chicago and many more)
• Guest speakers and student assemblies
• Tuition assistance to families (approximately 6% of student body)