A Virtual Speaker Series for SOSM Parents
As we start to emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic, the School of St. Mary wants to support all our families as they navigate the social and emotional areas currently impacting their lives. After two meetings and a community survey, the SOSM Parent Social-Emotional Learning Committee has utilized the feedback provided to launch the Crusader Chat series.
Crusader Chats will be a series of virtual evening events for SOSM parents with guest speakers who are experts in their fields. For the 2021-2022 school year, we will focus on social-emotional health and wellness issues. The tentative schedule for the Crusader Chats will include:
- November 4th: Building Self-Esteem and Friendships, featuring Melissa Waterfield-Copeland, MA, MBA, LPC, ACS from Courage to Connect Mental Health Center.
- January 18th: Internet Safety and Navigating Social Media, featuring Dave Alley, Office of Homeland Security
- February 15th: Anxiety and Social Media, from a Developmental Perspective with Jacintha McEwen PhD
- March 15th: Topic TBD with CEO of LEAD Andy Duran.
- April 12th: The Importance of Play for the Development of Living and Learning with Jacintha McEwen PhD
All events will be from 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. and presented via Zoom. Each speaker will provide a short presentation on the topic (about 30 minutes), and then there will be 30 minutes for discussion and Q&A.