Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the School of St. Mary! The Archdiocese of Chicago requires all volunteers to complete the following items before they begin their service with children. The links for the online forms/processes are below, with specific instructions for each compliance item.
- Select “first time users click here” at the top. On the New User Registration page, click on the blue box to open the site search. Enter “Mary” in the search box and click search. Scroll down to Lake Forest - St. Mary – Illinois, or Lake Forest – St. Mary – Everett, depending on whether you anticipate you will volunteer primarily in the parish or at the school. Click “select” and it will fill in the parish information on the application page.
- The access code is “protection”. Be sure to follow the list of questions to the end and hit submit to complete your application. This requirement is done only once.
- Print the form, fill it out legibly and return to the parish. Use the name on your state ID. Do not mail the form to Springfield. Return the form to the parish and we will submit it for you. This form must be completed annually.
- Log in. Scroll down the menu on the left and click “Live Training”. This will list the trainings in the Chicago area for which you can register.
- You will be given a certificate when you complete the training. Please return it to the office where your volunteer work will be done - school, religious education, or youth ministry.
- This training session is attended once. However, volunteers are expected to keep their account current by reading the monthly bulletins, which are sent via email.
- Print pages 1- 5 only. After reading the document, sign and return the fifth page.
In addition, volunteers who are Coaches, Catechists or work with Youth Ministry must complete:
- Register as a new user and follow the directions.
- Once you have completed the training you will see an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status form. Print it out. Continue until you see a certificate with an emblem in the middle. This is your Mandated Reporter Training certificate. Print it and bring both forms either to the school, religious education, or youth ministry office – depending on where your volunteer work will be done.
- This requirement is done once, regardless of whether or not you choose to participate in a different role.
If you have questions, please contact Beth Rinaolo at email@example.com