Athletic Department Overview
The St. Mary’s athletic program is committed and dedicated to the development of the unique gifts of each child: physical abilities, emotional well-being and attitude towards others. The program is designed to provide students of all skill levels with an opportunity to participate in a variety of sports and help instill in each student a sense of teamwork. Cuts from teams will not be made.
GUIDELINES TO SUPPORT PHILOSOPHY
- Students will show respect for all opponents, officials, teammates, coaches, parents, etc.
- Students will support and encourage teammates and work hard with a commitment to participation and enhancement of skills.
- Coaches will be an example for all by being a supportive leader who can provide constructive criticism and guidance, show patience and impartiality. They will continue to become better coaches by attending clinics, etc.
- Parents will be supportive of children, coaches and the athletic program as a whole. Their behavior will be an example for others and help empower coaches to lead their teams.
- Parents and children will know that there will be consequences for undesirable actions and behaviors.
* At the beginning of each season, a mandatory meeting is held for parents and student-athletes who participate in the athletic program. These meetings will address objectives, team expectations and answer any questions posed by the players or their parents.